Discover why and how Benjamin is passionate about mitigating the effects climate displacement through his architectural design projects.
In this episode:
- Ben's Thesis Project on mitigating effects from climate displacement in coastal settlements
- Common issues we see in various countries related to climate change (eg. Singapore as a coastal city)
- Various strategies to mitigate drainage/flood issues
- The search for sustainable building materials- Various aspects & indicators of sustainability
- Carbon reduction measures
- Changes in legislation on environmental sustainability for building projects
Bonus: Ben's advice for architectural graduates to create portfolios that has impact.
PSA: Due to some recording issues, you may see/hear us waiting for a few seconds before talking and not knowing that we're talking over each other due to lags.
Who Should Listen
If you are a young architectural designer and/or student interested in sustainability and mitigating the effects of climate change, this episode is for you. We dive deep into the issues and how we can all start to address them.
Watch the Episode
About The Show
ARCHLOGBOOK Chats is a brand new podcast where I, Gabriel Chek, sit down with architecture students, designers, practitioners and academics to discuss the various challenges, acheivements and opportunities in the education and practice of Architecture.
If you would like to join me as a podcast guest, feel free to contact Gabriel at email@example.com.
ARCHLOGBOOK CHATS is available on Spotify, Google Podcast and Apple Podcast.
ARCHLOGBOOK is a platform by Gabriel Chek that aims to increase clarity & confidence in young architecture students and designers. I create and share educational content of architectural practice via blog posts, Instagram, ebooks, workshops and videos here on Youtube.
Telegram Channel: http://t.me/archlogbook